Friday, June 24, 2011

Slow-popes, Schtinking, Just Sos You Know, and Our Little Stealth Player

Slow-popes(aka slow pokes) -- I now have a new title, Slow-pope.  Well, not really, I was accused of being a slowpoke by Henry and he soon found out just how wrong he was about that.  We ended up having a family chase and tickle session all over the apartment.  I'm sure our downstairs neighbors just love us for that too!  He cried, "Uncle!" by the end of it and then asked to be chased and tickled again.  Emma got in on the action too and we had two pink cheeked happy kiddos hanging out before bed reading stories.

Schtinking(thinking)-- Sometimes Henry talks so fast that what comes out doesn't make it out quite right.  This afternoon he told me he was schtinking and it took me a minute to figure it out.  Like most mommies, I am also the in-house translator of all things kid related.

Just Sos You Know--Henry's latest catch phrase:)  "Just sos you know Mommy, I'm going to go play my game in my room, just sos you know I'm going to do this.."

Stealth Player--We've been letting the kids stay up a bit later at night lately.  Their bedtime schedule will be shot to pieces over vacation so we decided to just go with it and get use to it before the trip.  When Henry plays, you can hear him.  He's a typical boy.  He comes complete with his own soundtrack and sound effects.  So you can hear him crashing cars or Super heroes in the heat of battle in the evening after we have tucked him in.  Emma on the other hand, is our stealth player.  She could join the covert ops team when she is older and probably do really well.  There have been nights where I go in to check on her and Henry and find Emma still wide awake in her room late at night with toys and dolls all over the place.  And yet, I don't here the destruction or whatever you want to call it going on when she is actually doing it.

No comments: