Monday, August 21, 2017

6th Grade!!! 2017-2018



First day of 6th grade!  They were both excited this morning and ready to head back to school.  We had no issues getting everyone up and moving this morning.  They were happy to see friends that we didn't get to see over the Summer and happy to go hug on teachers that they missed over the Summer.  Today was pretty easy.  They went over classroom procedures and got to know their classmates.  The teachers opted to have the kids watch a live stream of the eclipse today instead of going out to watch with glasses.  Tomorrow will be a few more procedures and some classwork will begin.

Henry, " Mom, it was a regular day of school.  I'm glad to be back with my friends and teachers. I'm tired.  Can you stop asking me so many questions about my day? It was good.  That's it!"

Emma, "Momma, I had a good day.  It was quiet in class and I hope it stays that way.  I'm really happy to see my friends and teachers. I'm tired.  I'm going to sleep in more tomorrow."

They went into school this morning with smiles and came home with smiles.  It's been a successful first day of 6th grade. I'm happy that we get to continue this journey at our little charter school.  And I am so happy that they were so joyful about a new school year.  They are ready to learn and ready for new adventures!

No comments: