Friday, August 16, 2013

Room Setup Begins

Room Setup Begins by courberogue31
Room Setup Begins, a photo by courberogue31 on Flickr.

The kids and I headed into school today to begin my room setup. I am substitute teaching for Emma's 1st grade teacher, Ms. J while she is out on maternity leave. The kids helped some, but mainly kept themselves entertained with classroom free center stations. Ms. J has a Seuss theme throughout the classroom and we are sticking with that and adding to it in some areas. The Word Wall will most likely have two large truffala trees, one on either side and the words, "Word Wall" in large letters across the top in the red butcher paper area. I may eventually add some Seuss hats, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Red Fish Blue Fish here and there around the room. Still need to dust some shelves, organize the art supply closet, organize the supply cabinets as supplies come in, and get the first week of lesson plans/work set up. Inservice is Monday and I'll become official then with badge, keys, completed paperwork, and several meetings. Tuesday night is Meet the Teacher and the rest of the week will be busy doing my final prep.

No comments: